I Am In Awe.

AWE.

What grabs my attention these days?
What which is worthy of awe.

I am constantly being reminded how amazing God is in my life, because He keeps showing me how awesome He is in the smallest of things.

The beauty of creation as we drive through the foothills of Tennessee. The shape and contour of the tree-covered hills on display.

The wonder of a new piece of music I've never heard before. The way it sends shivers down my spine or makes my breath increase.

The ways in which my wife's mind works that are counter to my own mind. To know that He designed her that way.

Getting rear ended. The damage being relatively minimal, and the driver, while uninsured, still a very kind soul, and contrite for having hit me. Even stuff like this, I believe God had a hand in, because the damage should have been worse than what it is.

The fact that I work 2 jobs, yet was able to line up a 2-week vacation with both of them. Some would say coincidence, but I call it providence.

The grace God offers me, day after day, when I feel as though I'm not enough for Him. He loves me, even when I don't think I'm worthy of his love.

The capacity He gives me to love others. In my human nature, I'd rather let other people go about their business, but God's heart in me wants to reach out with a simple "Hello" to the most random of people. Knowing that a simple gesture like that could make my own day a little brighter, I can see God's love touching someone as He guides me in greeting total strangers.

The way God speaks to me of His nature in the smallest of things.
His capacity for care.
His endless creativity.
His immense power.
His gentle stillness.
His sovereignty in the midst of chaos.
His assurance at the center of uncertainty.
His experience and wisdom guiding me in my misdirection.

For every moment, He has made a provision.
And I am in awe.

*  *  *

As I kept faithful vigil
I began to feel the chains shake loose from around my calloused heart
And as the last link fell away
I saw the sky split from top to bottom like a curtain torn in two
And there was the light
There was that King of old
And there was the sun

And I feel to my knees with Hosanna on my lips and Hallelujah in my heart
And I knew that you'd been there all along
Through the grey and the black
For the darkness is not dark to you
The King is alive
The King is alive
Long live the King!

"The King is Alive" - American Arson

There Is No Box.
Zach

Comments