The Back Burner Project Debuts Quietly in St. Louis

On my birthday last week, I did something I started last year. I performed in public.

When I turned 38, I performed in an improv comedy show with several people I used to work with at ComedySportz St. Louis and City Improv St. Louis. It was the first time I'd been on stage with some of those people in over 10 years, and it was exhilarating to be in the groove with them again.

Last week, I turned 39, and I had the performing bug again. I picked up my acoustic guitar and headed to Hartford Coffee Company in St. Louis, Missouri, and attended my very first Open Mic Night. Among the baby boomer generation representatives, I found a very welcoming, friendly atmosphere, and felt supported by everyone in attendance. Even without a pickup in my guitar, the music filled the place pretty nicely.

This was my first step into my new career as a performing musician, and it's a brief start, but it's an important step for me. My wife was kind enough to record the encounter.

Here are the results.



There Is No Box.
Zach

Comments