"Under The Dome" Premiers to Good Ratings, Reviews

Article published on Geek Goes Rogue on Wednesday, July 3rd.  Find the original entry here.

I'll admit that several weeks ago, when I first saw the ads for CBS' new series "Under The Dome," I laughed a little bit.  The idea immediately brought a few questions to mind.  Apparently, according to users on IMDB.com, they were thinking the same thing...


Particularly, I immediately thought of The Simpsons Movie ("Trappucino").  And now, it appeared, we had a real life example.

I didn't know at the time that it was based on a Stephen King story.  So when I was researching new shows premiering, I came across the details for "Under The Dome" and thought, Okay, I have to watch the pilot.

I wasn't disappointed.  To a degree.

Apparently, plenty of others are thinking the same thing.  IndieWire has reported that the show has the feel of an episode of "The Twilight Zone."  The New York Times stated that the writers' lack of stereotype use helped bring this show into a more believable light (to which I somewhat disagree... my personal review will come later).  HitFix rated the premier episode a B while readers gave it a C+ rating, and said that the future of the series is "quite promising".

In a premier event that drew 13 million viewers, CBS seems to have made a great investment in making sure "Under The Dome" succeeds on as many levels as possible.  With a team of producer Agatha Warren ("A Gifted Man", "Prison Break") and creator Brian K. Vaughan ("Lost"), there exists the potential for a stunning, gripping human drama that will focus on the darkness of human nature.  13 episodes have been ordered, and as long as the series remains consistent, I have no doubt that CBS will renew the series for future development.

There Is No Box.
Zach

Comments